Saturday 26 May 2007

Life On Mars: The Eyes of Fools

More evidence of moronic appreciation for Life On Mars (see this post) comes today from Teletext's 'TV Talking Point' letters page (page 199). I don't often venture to The Other Side (as it was called in the 70s), preferring my daily fix of idiocy from Ceefax page 518, but these two missives deserve reprinting in full:
Life On Mars DID win a Bafta which was chosen by the viewers. That's how police were in the '70s and I'm glad the BBC had the guts to broadcast it. I'm fed up of living in a world where I'm afraid to sneeze in case I offend someone.
Seb, Sussex

The judges were afraid of LOM, they knew that UK voters still want coppers who will do what it takes to keep streets clean.
Jean, Sheffield
The staff make these letters up themselves, don't they? Don't they...?

No comments: